03 Feb Valentines Day Gifts for the Wine Lover
Valentines Day is on February 14 so it’s time to get a gift for the one who love. What’s better than a romantic bottle of wine, book about Israeli wine, or stemware or other wine accessory.
Here is our list of 10 Valentines Day Wine Gifts for the Israeli Wine Lover
6. It goes without saying but Daniel Rogov’s annual wine guide has always been the premier guide for what to drink and what not. With Rogov’s passing, this is the final and ultimate guide to Israeli wine. It’s a hefty 700 pages, with information about wine tastings as well as the most comprehensive list of Israeli wines ever published.
If you buy one book about Israeli wines, this is it. Buy it now!
5. Janna Gur’s The Book of Israeli Food: A Culinary Journey is a coffee table book that must grace every foodie interested in Middle Eastern food. With great articles and breathtaking photos, Gur takes on the Israeli culinary potpourri, from shakshuka at the shouk to gourmet halva. While there are amazing recipes, it’s just a tremendous read. In addition, the wine section, written by Adam Montefiore, tells the story of the Israeli wine revolution from inception to present. There’s no one better to write about Israeli food than Janna Gur and no one better to write about wine than Adam Montefiore.
4. Looking for affordable red wine glasses? My recommendation: Schott Zweisel is my go-to-brand for those who don’t want more expensive Riedel Vinum Bordeaux Wine Glasses, Set of 6. Depending on your size and budget these two are highly recommended:
- Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Stemware Pure Collection Burgundy 23.4 Ounce, Set of 6
- Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Stemware Forte Collection Red Wine/Light Soft Whites 13.6 Ounce, Set of 6
For white wine glasses:
For champagne flutes:
- Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Stemware Forte Collection Champagne Flute With Effervesence Points 7.7 Ounce, Set of 6
- Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Stemware Cru Classic Collection Champagne Flute with Effervesence Points 8.4 Ounce, Set of 6
3. If you want wine and not vinegar, you need to invest in proper storage. While we would love a cave or wine cellar, most of us can’t afford this. Instead, a wine fridge has to do the job.
Have lots of wine or a big budget? Try Danby DWC612BLP 75 Bottle Wine Cooler – Platinum
Smaller budget or smaller collection? Try Haier HVTM16ABB 16-Bottle Wine Cellar with Electronic Controls
2. I discovered Vacu Vin when I was a young child in my parents’ liquor store and I’m still in love with the best wine stoppers. Buy Vacu Vin Stainless Steel Wine Saver Gift Set
1. There are lots of books and magazines about food and wine. Never miss them with the Kindle Fire, Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display, Wi-Fi. Then don’t forget to sign up for your favorite wine magazine subscription
And if you’re in Israel or want to give a gift to someone in Israel, why not a bottle of wine or high quality wine glasses and other accessories. You can get a custom order and even delivery at great prices from contributor David Rhodes. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote and inquiry.